Raise a concern about an individual healthcare professional

We can only investigate concerns about doctors who work in the UK. Here we’ve highlighted organisations that might be better placed to help you when raising a concern about another healthcare professional. 

Raise a concern about a doctor

We would encourage you to speak with your doctor first if you have a concern and the outcome you are looking for is listed below.

  • Would you like an explanation of what happened to you?
  • Would you like an apology?
  • Would you like to discuss appropriate treatment?

You may not feel comfortable to raise your concern directly. If this is the case, there are other people who can offer confidential advice and support to you in the place you received your care.

If the outcome you are looking for is not listed above and appears in the list of things we investigate, you can raise your concern via our online form at the bottom of the page. Alternatively, you can speak with one of our contact centre advisors.

Raise a concern about another healthcare professional

If your concern is about another healthcare professional, such as a nurse or a pharmacist, another regulator will be better placed to help you. You can find out who you need to speak to on the Professional Standards Authority website.

If you feel that we are able to help you, you can raise your concern via our online form below, or you can speak to our contact centre.

Escalate a concern as you’re unhappy with the response you’ve already had

If you’re unhappy with the response you’ve had after raising a concern, there are organisations that you can approach for further support.

Public Services Ombudsman for Wales

The Public Services Ombudsman for Wales is able to to look into concerns relating to public services and independent care providers in Wales and you can seek a review of any decisions that have been made by your GP.

Still not sure?

You can check if we’re the right people to handle your concern via our concerns tool.

Raise my concern with you