Raise a concern about an individual healthcare professional
- Get an explanation of what happened with your care, or an apology from those involved
- Leave feedback about your care
- Raise a concern about an individual healthcare professional
- Raise a concern about the standard of care from a hospital, doctors’ surgery or clinic
We can only investigate concerns about doctors who work in the UK. Here we’ve highlighted organisations that might be better placed to help you when raising a concern about another healthcare professional.
Raise a concern about a doctor
We would encourage you to speak with your doctor first if you have a concern and the outcome you are looking for is listed below.
- Would you like an explanation of what happened to you?
- Would you like an apology?
- Would you like to discuss appropriate treatment?
You may not feel comfortable to raise your concern directly. If this is the case, there are other people who can offer confidential advice and support to you in the place you received your care.
If the outcome you are looking for is not listed above and appears in the list of things we investigate, you can raise your concern via our online form at the bottom of the page. Alternatively, you can speak with one of our contact centre advisors.
Raise a concern about another healthcare professional
If you feel that we are able to help you, you can raise your concern via our online form below, or you can speak to our contact centre.
Escalate a concern as you’re unhappy with the response you’ve already had
If you’re unhappy with the response you’ve had after raising a concern, there are organisations that you can approach for further support.
Public Services Ombudsman for Wales
Still not sure?
You can check if we’re the right people to handle your concern via our concerns tool.