In line with UK government advice around the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we’ve postponed all face-to-face workshops. All our outreach teams are still available to support doctors and responsible officers using the contact details below.
We meet you where you are and work with you to improve medical education and practice.
Our outreach team works across the UK to improve understanding of our guidance. They explain how our processes work and promote our standards. They also collaborate with the service to understand the issues faced at local level.
The outreach team helps us make sure our approach to regulation is well informed. We work closer with you to meet the changing needs of the health services in the UK.
Our advisers collaborate with doctors, healthcare providers, educators and other regulators to:
- improve understanding of the role and value of the GMC
- promote and support excellence in medical education, training and practice
- learn about the environments in which doctors practice to identify and address risks to patients and doctors before harm occurs
- work with responsible officers to address concerns about doctors and support management with concerns at a local level
- support the continuous development of local clinical governance systems, ensuring that revalidation continues