Have you been registered with another medical regulator in the last five years?

I haven't been registered with another medical regulator

You will not need to provide a certificate of good standing.

I have been registered with another medical regulator

You'll need to send us a certificate of good standing from medical regulators you've been registered or licensed with in the last five years other than the GMC. You'll need to do this even if you've not worked in that country.

They may send you a certificate of past good standing if you're not registered or licensed with them now. You can find out which medical regulatory authority to contact in our certificate of good standing database.

Each certificate is only valid for three months from the date it's signed.

If there's no medical regulatory authority in the country to issue a certificate you'll need to ask the organisation you provided medical services to complete a statement

I have been volunteering in a medical capacity outside the UK in the last five years 

If you have been volunteering overseas in a medical capacity, and have concerns about not being able to obtain a certificate of good standing, please submit your application and speak to your adviser.