Concerns about being detained (sectioned) or treated under the Mental Health Act

If you’re concerned about your care and treatment plan, including what’s been put in place under the Mental Health Act, the following organisations will be able to offer advice on your rights and the support available to you.

Mental Welfare Commission for Scotland

Mental Welfare Commission for Scotland provide advice on mental health and incapacity law Their mission is to be the leading and independent voice in promoting a society where people with mental illness, learning disabilities, dementia and related conditions are treated fairly, have their rights respected, and have appropriate support to live the life of their choice.

Patient Advice and Support Service

The Patient Advice and Support Service offers a range of advice and support, including helping you to understand your options with regard to treatment, care and support. You may wish to visit them at your local Citizens Advice Bureau.

Still not sure?

You can check if we’re the right people to handle your concern via our concerns tool.

Raise my concern with you