Concerns about being detained (sectioned) or treated under the Mental Health Act

If you’re concerned about your care and treatment plan, including what’s been put in place under the Mental Health Act, the following organisations will be able to offer advice on your rights and the support available to you.

Northern Ireland Human Rights Commission

Northern Ireland Human Rights Commission can help with mental health rights.

Citizens Advice

Citizens Advice provides a network of charities offering confidential, independent advice online, over the phone, and in person, for free and relating to a wide range of issues regardless of race, gender, sexuality, age, nationality, disability or religion. For more information please visit their self-help website. 

Still not sure?

You can check if we’re the right people to handle your concern via our concerns tool.

Raise my concern with you