Tracking your progress
Can I keep notes of my progress?
You can keep a record as you review individual documents as well as the overall area of competence using the notes/comments and status functions. Any updates you make are personal and are not visible to other users, the GMC or the doctor.
Adding a comment and status to an area of competence
The area of competence personal comments field will display No comments by default and the area of competence personal status will show No status.
To add a comment and update the status of an area of competence, click on the add/edit personal comments link on the evidence table.
- Write a comment of up to 2,000 characters in length
- Update the status to completed or not completed
- Click save to keep your changes or cancel to return to the evidence table without saving
You'll be able to see any updates you've made in in the evidence table once you've saved them.
Only the first 50 characters of your personal comment will show here, to read the full comment, click on the add/edit personal comments link again.
Adding a note and status to a document
When viewing documents within an area of competence, the personal document note and personal document status fields display no note and no status by default.
To add a note and update update the status of a document, click on the add/edit personal document note link on the documents table.
- Write a note of up to 2,000 characters in length
- Update the status, choosing from unread, in progress, read or evaluated
- Click save to keep your updates or cancel to return to the documents table without saving
Once you've saved your changes, you'll be able to see these in the documents table.
Only the first 50 characters of your personal document note will display here, click on the add/edit personal document note link to review the note in full.
Select the back button to return to the evidence table. You'll find this located at the top and bottom of the documents table.