The reflective practitioner - workshop
Use the material on this page to deliver case study-led workshops which explore how and why we use reflection, and the methods we can use to do it successfully.
- improve the quality of personal reflection using appropriate frameworks, and of an appraisal or supervision discussion around a specific incident
- know what and how to appropriately document a reflection and the supervision discussion
- promote the use of reflection for personal development and learning, and in quality improvement and improving patient safety
- demonstrate the benefits of being a reflective practitioner.
The slide packs
There are two slide packs with different case study videos, designed to cater for different audiences:
- Doctor in training and supervisor in acute setting
- GP and appraiser in community setting
We recommend that you review both, along with the reflective practitioner guidance, and then select the most appropriate package for your target audience.