Change or access medical records

If you have any questions about your medical records, it’s best to contact your GP surgery, hospital or clinic.

If your care was from the NHS, there’s advice on its website about the right people to contact.

If you have already approached the hospital, surgery or clinic and can’t resolve the issue, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). They can record your concern and pair with similar issues experienced with the same organisation before making an approach to ensure concerns expressed are addressed.

If you’re trying to access the medical records of someone who has died, the NHS has advice on its website to support you.

Still not sure?

You can check if we’re the right people to handle your concern via our concerns tool.

Raise my concern with you