Applying for Restoration to the register
You can only apply to restore to the type of registration that you have previously held. For example, if you previously held provisional registration and want to apply for full registration, you should make a brand new application for full registration. Please see our applying to join the register section for further guidance.
How did you come off the register?
- 1. I applied to relinquish my registration and was granted voluntary erasure
- 2. My name was erased after I did not pay my annual retention fee
- 3. My name was erased after I changed my address and lost contact with the GMC
- 4. I previously held limited registration
- As limited registration no longer exists you will need to complete a hard copy application form for either provisional or full registration as appropriate. Please contact us and we will arrange for a form to be sent to you. You may find it useful to read our guidance on applying for registration before completing the form
If you are seeking to restore your registration after leaving the register for any other reason you should contact us (opens in a new window).
This guidance does not apply to doctors seeking restoration following a direction for erasure by the Professional Conduct Committee or the Fitness to Practise Panel. Doctors enquiring about restoration in these circumstances should read our Guidance for doctors on restoration following erasure by a Fitness to Practise panel.