Have you provided medical services in the last five years?
What are medical services?
You have provided a medical service if you have used your medical knowledge and skill as part of your work. This does not necessarily have to have been in a clinical setting.
I haven't provided medical services in the last five years
You will not need to provide a statement from your employer.
I have provided medical services in the last five years
You will need to send a statement, known as a provision of medical services statement, from your employer to confirm you provided a medical service if you have used your medical knowledge and skills as part of your work.
It should be completed by the individual, body, or organisation where you most recently provided these services, anywhere in the world. This includes unpaid and voluntary work, or any other sort of arrangement, whether it be formal or informal.
You can download a copy of the statement for your employer to fill in. All statements are only valid for three months from the date that they are signed.
The statement must:
- account for your most recent three months of medical service (this means the last 90 days you provided medical services) even if this was spread out over a longer period, and not simply the last three calendar months.
- be completed by each of your previous employers if there was more than one individual, body or organisation during this period.
- be completed by any individuals, bodies or organisations to whom you have provided medical services to even if you were self employed.
If you consider the most recent 90 days of your medical service has been in self-employment or private practice, we still require a statement from any individuals, bodies or organisations to whom you have provided medical services as part of this work.
If you are a locum
- you can ask the hospital where you most recently worked to complete the statement (if you worked there for longer than three months).
- or, if you were employed through a locum agency, you can ask them to complete the statement to cover all the work you have done through them.