Full registration for international medical graduates with a postgraduate qualification
This guide is for international medical graduates with an acceptable postgraduate qualification. It explains how to apply for full registration.
You are eligible for this route if you:
- are a national of the UK or a country outside the UK, European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland
- do not have enforceable community rights
- graduated from a medical school outside the UK
- hold an acceptable primary medical qualification
- hold an acceptable UK or international postgraduate qualification.
From 11 June 2018, once your primary medical qualification meets our acceptability criteria, you'll need to have it (and your acceptable postgraduate qualification) independently verified before we can grant your registration with a licence to practise. If you intend to apply after this date, read about what this will mean for you.