Who will assess your performance?
We'll give you the names of your assessors once they have been appointed. An assessment team usually comprises:
- a medically qualified team leader
- one or more medical assessors
- a lay (non-medical) assessor.
While we appoint and train the team, they act independently. When we select the medical assessors, we take into account:
- your current or most recent specialty or sub-specialties, and the nature of your work
- the area of practice to which the concerns relate
- your level or grade.
The assessment team will be assisted by a GMC Performance Assessment Officer (PAO), who will make the practical arrangements. They will be your point of contact and will be happy to answer any questions you have about the assessment.