Who will assess your performance?
We'll give you the names of your assessors once they have been appointed. An assessment team usually comprises:
- a medically qualified team leader
- one or more medical assessors
- a lay (non-medical) assessor.
While we appoint and train the team, they act independently. When we select the medical assessors, we take into account:
- your current or most recent specialty or sub-specialties, and the nature of your work
- the area of practice to which the concerns relate
- your level or grade.