Our investigation process
We try to conclude our investigations as soon as possible, and all of them within 12 months of receiving the concern if possible.
The length is partly fixed by the steps that we must take. But it also depends on what kind of information we need to make a decision.
This information could include:
- further documentary evidence, eg medical records
- witness statements (it can take two months to get these)
- expert reports (two months)
- an assessment of your health (three months)
- an assessment of your knowledge of English (three months)
- an assessment of your performance (six months).
Once we've collected all the information we need, we will decide what to do next.