What to do if you’re not satisfied with our response to your request

If you have any comments or concerns about any aspect of our service, we’d like to hear from you. 

What details do I need to provide?

It would be helpful to include:

  • your name, address, reference number from your correspondence 
  • how you would like us to contact you
  • details about what has led to your complaint
  • the name of the person you were dealing with
  • what you feel we can do to put things right.

Who should I contact?

Please send your comments or concerns to:

Information Access Manager
General Medical Council
3 Hardman Street
M3 3AW

Tel: 0161 923 6365
Fax: 0161 923 6201
Email: foi@gmc-uk.org 

When can I expect a response?

We'll aim to send you a full response within 20 working days of getting your complaint. If your complaint is complex, we may need longer to investigate it. Where this is the case, we'll write to you within 20 working days to tell you why the delay has happened and when we expect to give you a full reply.

What happens if Im not satisfied with the response?

You can raise your concerns with the Information Commissioner’s Office.

This is the independent public body that oversees compliance with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Data Protection Act 2018 and the Freedom of Information Act 2000. You can contact the Information Commissioner's Office at any time. But they might ask you to resolve your complaint through our procedures first.

View contact details for the Information Commissioner's Office.