I want to give up my registration

Choosing to give up your registration (voluntary erasure) means that your name will remain on our online register but with the status ‘Not registered – Having relinquished registration’

You can request to give up your registration up to three months in advance

If you hold a full registration with a licence to practise, you still need to take part in revalidation until your registration ends. So you’ll still receive revalidation notices from us until then.

If you hold provisional registration, you will save your available days allowed by giving up your registration.

Why read this guide
To find out what you need to make an application to give up your registration. 
Next steps
You can apply to give up your registration through your GMC Online account.