Help services in Jersey

  1. Jersey

If you have a concern about patient safety or the quality of care in Jersey, there are a number of organisations who can help. In most cases raising your concern locally, where you received your care, is the best place to start.

Raise a concern about a doctor

We would encourage you to speak with your doctor first if you have a concern and the outcome you are looking for is listed below.

  • Would you like an explanation of what happened to you?
  • Would you like an apology?
  • Would you like to discuss appropriate treatment?

You may not feel comfortable to raise your concern directly. If this is the case, there are other people who can offer confidential advice and support to you in the place you received your care.

If the outcome you are looking for is not listed above and appears in the list of things we investigate, you can raise your concern via our online form at the bottom of the page. Alternatively, you can speak with one of our contact centre advisors.

Raise a concern about another healthcare professional

If your concern is about another healthcare professional, such as a nurse or a pharmacist, another regulator will be better placed to help you. You can find out who you need to speak to on the Professional Standards Authority website

Raise a concern about your GP

We would encourage you to speak about your concern with your GP, if you feel comfortable to do so. They can try to put things right for you straight away, for instance, by discussing your care and providing a detailed explanation of what's happened. 

If you don’t feel comfortable raising a concern with your GP, you can also raise your concern with the practice manager.

If you are dissatisfied with their response or you feel the problem is so severe that someone external to the practice should be made aware, please contact the Primary Care Governance Team.

Raise a concern about the standard of care from a hospital, doctors’ surgery or clinic

There is a range of organisations available to help you when raising a concern about the standard of care from a hospital, doctors’ surgery or clinic.

For concerns about hospitals services, please contact the Jersey government.

Still not sure?

You can check if we’re the right people to handle your concern via our concerns tool.

Raise my concern with you