What's on the medical register?
The medical register will give you details of:
- the type of registration a doctor currently holds
- whether they hold a licence to practise
- whether they are registered to work as a GP or specialist consultant (note that not all doctors working as specialist consultants have to be on the Specialist Register)
- the date that they registered
- whether they have any fitness to practise history since 20 October 2005.
You'll also find information about a doctor's training
- the year and place they were awarded their main medical degree
- whether they’re taking further medical training and where
- the organisation that looks after their performance and appraisal.