I'm a final year student or graduate of a UK medical school and want to apply for provisional registration

This guide is for final year medical students and graduates from UK medical schools. It explains how to apply for provisional registration with a licence to practise.

You must have provisional registration with a licence to practise before you start the first year of the Foundation Programme (F1). 

Watch the video below and read the guide to find out how to make your application for provisional registration.

Videos set a cookie when played, see our cookie policy.

Make sure you also read our guide on provisional registration, which gives more detail about the scope and limitations of provisional registration, the time limit on provisional registration, and advice if you are thinking of completing F1 overseas.

Read this guide
To find out more about provisional registration and what you need to do to make your application.
Next steps
Once you are ready to apply – make your application online. You can do this up to three months before you start your F1 post.