Provisional registration for international medical graduates
This guide is for international medical graduates. It explains how to apply for provisional registration with a licence to practise.
You are eligible for this route if you:
- are a national of a country outside the UK, European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland and graduated from a medical school outside of the UK
- are a UK national who has graduated from a medical school outside the UK, EEA or Switzerland.
- do not have enforceable community rights
and you have:
- passed both parts of the PLAB test within. Your PLAB 2 pass should have been achieved no more than two years before the date on which we approve your application. If your PLAB 2 pass was achieved more than two years ago you will be required to provide further evidence of your recent medical experience.
- not completed an internship (if you have completed an internship, you must apply for full registration).
You must have provisional registration with a licence to practise before you start your first year of the Foundation Programme (F1).