Full registration for doctors with sponsorship
This guide is for doctors who have been sponsored to apply for full registration with a licence to practise in the UK.
You are eligible if you:
- are a national of the UK or a country outside the UK, European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland who graduated from a medical school outside the UK
- do not have enforceable community rights
- you hold an acceptable primary medical qualification
- have been selected for postgraduate training by a UK medical royal college or faculty, or by one of a small number of postgraduate institutions or you are being sponsored by someone on our list of approved sponsors
- you have carried out medical practice for three out of the last five years, including the most recent 12 months.
From 11 June 2018, once your primary medical qualification meets our acceptability criteria, you'll need to have it (and your acceptable postgraduate qualification) independently verified before we can grant your registration with a licence to practise. If you intend to apply after this date, read about what this will mean for you.