Full registration for doctors with sponsorship
This guide is for doctors who have been sponsored to apply for full registration with a licence to practise in the UK.
You are eligible if you:
- are a national of the UK or a country outside the UK, European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland who graduated from a medical school outside the UK
- do not have enforceable community rights
- you hold an acceptable primary medical qualification
- have been selected for postgraduate training by a UK medical royal college or faculty, or by one of a small number of postgraduate institutions or you are being sponsored by someone on our list of approved sponsors
- you have carried out medical practice for three out of the last five years, including the most recent 12 months.