Do not send applications or evidence by postPlease use your GMC Online account to make an application. We’ll tell you what information we need and how to send this electronically when we receive your application.
We’ve suspended identity checks
Following the latest advice from the UK government, we have suspended identity checks at our office and as a result we will grant your registration without an identity check. Your status on the register will mention this. You must not practise until you have received separate confirmation from us that we’ve granted your registration.
When the UK government changes their advice about travel and social contact, we will ask you to attend an identity check at our offices, in line with our usual processes. We will get in touch to let you know when you can make a new appointment.
Full registration for doctors with sponsorship
This guide is for doctors who have been sponsored to apply for full registration with a licence to practise in the UK.
You are eligible if you:
- are a national of the UK or a country outside the UK, European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland who graduated from a medical school outside the UK
- do not have enforceable community rights
- you hold an acceptable primary medical qualification
- have been selected for postgraduate training by a UK medical royal college or faculty, or by one of a small number of postgraduate institutions or you are being sponsored by someone on our list of approved sponsors
- you have carried out medical practice for three out of the last five years, including the most recent 12 months.