Diagram: What is expected of medical education organisations?
Text alternative: what is expected of medical education organisations?
What is expected of medical education organisations?
- Complying with equality legislation (all also 'what is expected of employers?')
- Avoid unlawful discrimination
- Make reasonable adjustments
- Direct discrimination *
- Avoid substantial disadvantage *
- Indirect discrimination *
- Anticipatory and ongoing *
- Discrimination arising from disability *
- Decision on case-by-case basis *
- Victimisation and harassment *
- Meeting our standards for medical education and training (promoting excellence)
- S3.1 Learners receive educational and pastoral support to be able to demonstrate what is expected in Good medical practice and to achieve the learning outcomes required by their curriculum
- R3.2 Access to resources to support health and wellbeing, educational and pastoral support *
- R3.3 Learners not subjected to undermining behaviour *
- R3.4 Reasonable adjustments for disabled learners *
- R3.5 Information and support for moving between different stages of education and training *
- R3.7 Information about curriculum, assessment and clinical placements *
- R3.14 Support learners to overcome concerns and if needed give advice on career options *
Medical schools: All applicants, current students, and in limited cases former students, postgraduate educators: All applicants and doctors in training under organisation
* Good practice: keep detailed audit trail