How will you be tested?
- What is the PLAB 2 exam?
- How will you be tested?
- When and where can you take PLAB 2?
- How do you book or cancel a place?
- What resources should you use?
- A sample OSCE station
- What reasonable adjustments can we make?
- What can you expect on the day?
- How the PLAB 2 test has changed during coronavirus COVID 19
The domains you will be marked against
During the exam you will be marked against three areas or ‘domains' for each scenario.
Details of areas covered by the three domains of the PLAB 2 exam
|Domain||What this domain covers|
|Data gathering, technical and assessment skills||History taking, physical examination, practical procedures, investigations leading to a diagnosis
|Clinical management skills||Formulating a diagnosis, explaining something to the patient, formulating a management plan
|Interpersonal skills||How you approach the station: whether you establish a rapport with the patient, how you use open and closed questioning, involving the patient and demonstrating your professionalism and understanding of ethical principles|
When marking against the domains the examiner will assess your competency across a number of skill areas.