How will you be tested?
- What is the PLAB 2 exam?
- How will you be tested?
- When and where can you take PLAB 2?
- How do you book or cancel a place?
- What resources should you use?
- A sample OSCE station
- What reasonable adjustments can we make?
- What can you expect on the day?
- How the PLAB 2 test has changed during coronavirus (COVID 19)
The domains you will be marked against
During the exam you will be marked against three areas or ‘domains' for each scenario.
|Domain||What this domain covers|
|Data gathering, technical and assessment skills||History taking, physical examination, practical procedures, investigations leading to a diagnosis
|Clinical management skills||Formulating a diagnosis, explaining something to the patient, formulating a management plan
|Interpersonal skills||How you approach the station: whether you establish a rapport with the patient, how you use open and closed questioning, involving the patient and demonstrating your professionalism and understanding of ethical principles|
When marking against the domains the examiner will assess your competency across a number of skill areas.