Providing a reference from your employer

We may be able to accept confirmation from your employer if you're applying for registration. You must have worked in a medical capacity for at least the past two years, in a country where English is the first and native language. If you're applying to take the PLAB test, we won't accept confirmation from your employer as evidence of your knowledge of English.


How to submit your employer's confirmation

You can ask your employers from the last two years to complete the English language reference form. You must submit the reference(s) along with confirmation of whether you have ever taken the academic version of the IELTS test or the medicine version of the OET test.

If you are an EEA national and you are applying for your first licence (you must already hold registration), your employer can complete this form.

If you are not able to meet this criterion, you may be able to submit other evidence. Or you may wish to sit either the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or Occupational English Test (OET).