These standards set out requirements for the management and delivery of undergraduate and postgraduate medical education and training.
Promoting excellence: standards for medical education and training sets out ten standards that we expect organisations responsible for educating and training medical students and doctors in the UK to meet.
The standards and requirements are organised around five themes. Some requirements – what an organisation must do to show us they are meeting the standards – may apply to a specific stage of education and training.
Inside Promoting excellence
- Patient safety is the first priority (open at page 5)
- Theme 1: Learning environment and culture (open at page 8)
- Theme 2: Educational governance and leadership (open at page 16)
- Theme 3: Supporting learners (open at page 23)
- Theme 4: Supporting educators (open at page 28)
- Theme 5: Developing and implementing curricula and assessments (open at page 31)
We have created some resources to help introduce Promoting excellence: standards for medical education and training: