Information for deanery or LETB administrators
You're responsible for applying for our approval; therefore you must check the application is complete and accurate.
Please fully check the application, including the CN18 form and royal college or faculty endorsement, before submitting it.
You must provide the full name and address of the out of programme location on the CN18 form.
The information in the CN18 form and endorsement must match. You need to rectify any discrepancies before you apply.
Any application where the information is incorrect or inconsistent will be withdrawn and returned to you, showing what is not acceptable. Please don’t re-apply until you have all the relevant information.
We process applications within five working days of submission. Keep in mind applications must be approved by us, before the post starts.
Any post which hasn’t been approved before it starts can’t count towards a certificate of completion of training.
Points to remember
- If the post dates change, you need to let us know so we can provide an amended approval letter. For example, if we approved a post that started 1 April 2016 and ended 1 April 2017, and the post changed to start 16 May 2016 and end 16 May 2017.
- If the post location changes, you need to let us know so we can give approval for the new location. You must also provide us an updated endorsement letter from the royal college or faculty.
- If the post is extended and the additional time is to count, you need to let us know so we can provide an amended approval letter. You must also provide us an updated endorsement letter from the royal college or faculty. Please note – we will not approve the additional time retrospectively.
In each of these cases you will need to submit a new application through GMC Connect. You will need to attach a CN18 form and royal college or faculty endorsement letter with the new details. Please also attach our previous approval letter.
- If the post is extended – but no additional time is to count, you do not need to tell us.
- If the post is in a location we have approved for training in the relevant specialty – our approval is not needed.
- You can check if a location is approved on our list of approved programmes and sites.