Specialist and GP registration
This section gives information about applications to the Specialist and GP Registers.
In these sections you will find information on the different application types to the Specialist and GP Registers and how to apply for these.
There are several different application types for entry onto the Specialist Register and GP Register. This section contains background information and guidance on how to apply for:
- A Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT)
- A Certificate of Eligibility for Specialist Registration (CESR)
- A CESR through the Academic or Research application type (CESR A or R)
- A Certificate of Eligibility for GP Registration (CEGPR)
- A CESR or CEGPR through the combined programme application type (CESR (CP)) or (CEGPR (CP))
- A CEGPR through the approved programme application type (CEGPR (AP))
- Recognition of sub-specialty training
- Automatic recognition of your specialist or GP qualification
- Entry through the general system of assessment
See information on Specialist and GP applications.
This section contains information on the evidence you will need to submit in support of your CESR or CEGPR application. This includes information on:
If you have been asked to complete a structured report in support of a CESR or CEGPR application, you will find useful guidance in this section.
CESR and CEGPR applicants should also read this section for guidance on how to select referees.
Information for referees.
Guidance on selecting referees.
Out of programme
Duplicate certificates, verifying certificates and confirmation of UK training
Statistics and annual reports
We have put together statistics on:
- The number of CCT applications we receive - by specialty
- The number of CESR and CEGPR applications we receive – by specialty
- The success rates of CESR and CEGPR applications
We also have the following annual reports:
Specialist and GP application statistics and annual reports.