This tool will help you work out whether you have a connection to a designated body, could connect to a suitable person, or have no connection.
It will also direct you to further guidance based on your answers.
Before you start
If you work in more than one organisation, you may find it helpful to:
- make a list of the organisations that you’ve worked for during the last 12 months
- consider the amount of time and clinical practice you do at each of your workplaces
- consider the basis on which you are employed, ie whether you are employed, hold practising privileges or have another type of contract
- speak to these organisations if you don’t know your employment status
- list any membership organisations you are registered with.
Only UK organisations can be designated bodies. If you’re working overseas or not carrying out medical practice, our guidance on the licence to practise may help you to consider whether you need a licence, or can give it up.