Application fee refunds and fees we keep
When would I be eligible for a refund?
We may refund the fee you have paid, but deduct the administration costs, if after you paid your application fee.
- you withdraw your application
- your application is unsuccessful
- we close your application because you failed, within the timescales we gave you, to:
- respond to our requests for evidence
- attend at an identity check if your application is approved.
A scrutiny fee is an administration fee for the work we have already completed on an application. For full details of our current fees please see our fees page.
Please be sure you intend to complete the application process before you pay your fee and submit your application, as a scrutiny fee will apply.
If you're due a refund, we’ll credit it to the card you used to make the original payment. If you made your payment by bankers draft, cheque or cash, we'll make your refund by cheque.
Registration status changes
If you’re already registered and decide to change your status on the register, we charge a non-refundable processing fee. For full details of our fees please see our fees page.