Please note:

If you hold provisional registration but you completed your internship overseas, you'll need to apply for full registration through this route. There's more about acceptable patterns of experience in the ‘Evidence of experience’ section below. 

Full registration for international graduates who completed F1

This guide is for international medical graduates who want to move from provisional registration to full registration with a licence to practise.

You are eligible to apply for this route if you are either:

  • graduated from a medical school outside the UK and;
  • have completed an internship in the UK. 

You must not start your Foundation Year 2, or do any work that requires full registration with a licence to practise before we grant your registration.

If you've already started work at F2 but only hold provisional registration, you must stop work immediately and contact us.

Read this guide
To find out what you need to do to make your application.
Next steps
Once you are ready to apply – make your application through GMC Online.