Full registration for international medical graduates who have passed an acceptable overseas registration exam
This guide is for international medical graduates who’ve passed an acceptable overseas registration exam. It explains how to apply for full registration.
You are eligible for this application if you:
- graduated from a medical school outside the UK or Switzerland
- hold an acceptable primary medical qualification
- have completed an internship
- have passed one of the following overseas registration exams:
- United States Medical Licensing Exam: Step 1, Step 2 clinical knowledge and Step 2 clinical skills. For Step 2 clinical skills, your pass must be on or before 13 March 2020.
- Medical Council of Canada Qualification Examination 2 (taken in English) on or before 27 October 2020
- The Australian Medical Council Clinical Examination on or before 5 March 2020
- have passed each part of the exam including the knowledge tests and clinical skills components in four attempts or less. If you sat any part of the exam more than four times before passing, you will not be eligible for this application.
Please note that if you have taken and failed PLAB part 1 or 2 after you passed the overseas registration exam you are not eligible for this application.