Oral and maxilofacial surgery
This statement clarifies trainee progression into the specialty of oral and maxillofacial surgery (OMFS).
Specifically, the statement confirms:
- The requirements for entry to OMFS specialty training.
- That previous arrangements for fast tracking F1 doctors into core training are now discontinued.
- The arrangements which allow those who have completed certain other training can have this counted as an F2 refresher year.
- How those wanting to enter OMFS specialty training can reduce the time they spend in core surgical training.
- The position of doctors who have previously by-passed F2 en route to OMFS specialty training.