Reasonable adjustments to the application process
- Text phones for the enquiry stage.
- Information, such as university policies and course leaflets, in potentially accessible formats eg email, braille, easy read, large print, audiotape, and computer disc.
- Electronic information that can be accessed by a range of screen readers and assistive software
- Staff trained in communicating with a wide range of disabled people.
Where possible, all information should be:
- offered in both visual and audible formats
- available in different font sizes
- available with different background and foreground colours
- available without enhancements such as boxes
- easily navigable, if electronic, using either a mouse or keys.