Private UK-based medical colleges
The following schools claim that the course of study undertaken substantially or wholly in the UK leads to a primary medical qualification (PMQ) awarded by an overseas University.
The GMC does not register or license graduates who have been awarded PMQs in such circumstances nor does it give any entitlement to book or sit the PLAB test.
The list below contains institutions that we are currently aware of - it may not be exhaustive. Therefore the GMC accepts no liability for the reliance placed on these institutions or for any action or decision taken.
- European College of Medicine, London (ECM)
- Grace University School of Medicine, London
- London College of Medicine
- London School of Medicine
- London Medical School
- School of Health and Neural Sciences, Nottingham
- American International School of Medicine, UK satellite campus
- St. Christopher's College of Medicine, Luton
- Kigezi International School of Medicine, Cambridge
- Medical College London, Montserrat
Please see our Acceptable primary medical qualifications page for our current criteria for accepting an overseas PMQ for the purposes of registration with a licence to practise.