Helping you get the most out of our data
We’ve made some changes to make our data about doctors more useful for you and your teams.
As well as GMC Data Explorer – which provides data on makeup of the medical register, revalidation, training, fitness to practise and doctor moves – we have a dedicated dashboard for designated bodies on GMC Connect. This dashboard allows you too:
- see the number of doctors connected to your designated body
- view revalidation recommendation information such as late recommendations and non-engagement recommendations
- get additional information about deferrals, including the average deferral period and chain deferrals
- view fitness to practise data for incidents located at your designated body
- access NTS data for your designated body.
This dashboard gives you quick and easy access to data about your organisation that we hope will support you in your role as a responsible officer.
What changes have we made?
Last year we talked to a number of responsible officers to find out how we could improve the dashboard and make it more useful.
As a result of their feedback, you can now:
- compare data from your organisation against others of a similar type by clicking the ‘average for my organisation type’ option. This allows you to see how your organisation is performing compared with others in your peer group.
- find out, via the fitness to practise summary tab, how many enquiries we’ve received that may be about a doctor’s fitness to practise.
In the coming months we’ll make other changes to respond to what we heard, including:
- adding more information to the dashboard, so you’ll be able to see a list of your connected doctors who have an active sanction
- adding functionality to allow you to filter the revalidation data for a specific time period to help with your reporting.
Tell us what you think
If you have any questions about the dashboard or have any further ideas about how we could develop it further, please speak to your employer liaison adviser.