Welcome to the specialist and GP register
What you need to do next
- Manage your registration and licence through your GMC Online account. It's important that you keep your details up to date.
- Find your designated body (the organisation that will help you with appraisal and revalidation) and update it in your GMC Online account. If you do not have a designated body within 30 days, please log in and tell us.
- Check that you have adequate and appropriate insurance or indemnity in place, to make sure you are fully covered for the full scope of your practice.
- There are a number of processes you need to do if you intend to work as a general practitioner (GP) in the UK. Some of these are handled by organisations other than ourselves.
Support for you
- Read how you as a senior leader can create a positive patient-centred culture.
- Find the advice we give to doctors on professional standards and medical ethics.
- We know that working in challenging situations can leave you feeling stressed and tired, especially in the current environment. Read our Coronavirus: Wellbeing resources for doctors.
- Take a look at research from our Supporting a profession under pressure programme, such as Caring for Doctors, Caring for Patients and Fair to Refer.
- There's also information in our ethical guidance about speaking up and raising concerns.
You can get in touch with an adviser if you need any help with our guidance or processes.