Welcome to the specialist and GP register
"You make a real difference in the lives of the patients you treat and to your colleagues who look to you for guidance and leadership. We look forward to working with you in the years ahead and wish you a long and fulfilling career."
Dame Clare Marx
Chair of the GMC
What you need to do next
- Manage your registration and licence through your GMC Online account. It's important that you keep your details up to date.
- Find your designated body (the organisation that will help you with appraisal and revalidation) and update it in your GMC Online account. If you do not have a designated body within 30 days, please log in and tell us.
- Check that you have adequate and appropriate insurance or indemnity in place, to make sure you are fully covered for the full scope of your practice.
- There are a number of processes you need to do if you intend to work as a general practitioner (GP) in the UK. Some of these are handled by organisations other than ourselves.
Support for you
- Read how you as a senior leader can create a positive patient-centred culture.
- Find the advice we give to doctors on professional standards and medical ethics.
- We know that working in challenging situations can leave you feeling stressed and tired, especially in the current environment. Read our Coronavirus: Wellbeing resources for doctors.
- Take a look at research from our Supporting a profession under pressure programme, such as Caring for Doctors, Caring for Patients and Fair to Refer.
- There's also information in our ethical guidance about speaking up and raising concerns.
You can get in touch with an adviser if you need any help with our guidance or processes.