Requesting a duplicate certificate

This page is for doctors who need a replacement copy of their specialist or GP certificate.

We've issued specialist and GP registration certificates since April 2010. We can replace lost certificates issued by us up to two months after the original certificate was issued.

We can't replace certificates which were originally issued by one of the organisations below:

  • Specialist Training Authority of the Medical Royal Colleges between January 1996 and September 2005 (for specialists)
  • Joint Committee on Postgraduate Training for General Practice before September 2005 (for GPs)
  • Postgraduate Medical Education and Training Board between September 2005 and March 2010
  • General Medical Council from April 2010

However, we can send you a letter that confirms the details of the certificate that you were awarded.

This will confirm the:

  • date the certificate was awarded
  • name of the body that awarded it
  • specialty you completed training in
  • legislation your certificate was awarded under.

To request a replacement certificate or letter, please email or contact us. We'll respond within five working days.