Can I apply

You can apply via the Academic or Research application route in any specialty.

Successful applications are submitted in very specific areas. This is because it’s very difficult to show academic or research work at the required standard in a broad area, such as a CCT specialty. As a guide to the standards you will need to meet, you should use the clinical competencies detailed for your narrow specialty in the most closely related CCT curricula.

You’ll need to show that both your academic or research and clinical skills are equivalent to the standards of a consultant in the UK health services.

Please note that to apply for, and be granted specialist registration, you must hold full registration with a licence to practise.