Am I eligible to apply?

Who can apply 

To be eligible to apply you must have either a specialist qualification from outside the UK in any non-CCT specialty or at least six months continuous specialist training outside the UK in any non-CCT specialty.

You’ll need to provide evidence of how you’re eligible as part of your application. This could be a copy of your qualification or evidence of your employment.

In your application you must show that you meet the required level of competency or experience of a consultant in any of the UK health services.

Is my specialty appropriate?

If your specialty is not listed on our list of approved curricula, you should contact us on to see if your specialty is appropriate.