We’re currently processing a large number of applications. Thank you for your patience - we’ll aim to progress your application as quickly as we can.
Our offices are closed at the moment so please don’t send your application by post. Send it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Existing specialists scheme
This guide is for doctors who were appointed to a consultant position a before 1 January 1997 and require entry on to the Specialist Register.
Am I eligible to apply?
To apply you:
- must hold GMC registration with a licence to practise
- were appointed to a substantive, honorary or fixed term consultant post in the UK Health Services or UK Armed Forces before 1 January 1997
What evidence do I need?
You’ll need to show:
- a letter of appointment issued to you when you were first appointed to a consultant position in the UK Health Services or Armed Forces, before to 1 January 1997.
- if the original letter is no longer available, a letter issued recently confirming you were appointed to a consultant post in the UK Health Services or Armed Forces, before to 1 January 1997.
How do I apply?
You should email us email@example.com to confirm:
- you meet the criteria for this application and would like to apply
- what evidence you’ll be providing to show you meet the criteria. You do not need to send copies of the evidence in this email.
What happens after I apply?
We’ll review your email to confirm if you are eligible, we may need to ask you for further information. If you’re eligible we’ll send you an application form to complete. You’ll need to submit your evidence with your application form.