Existing specialist certificate
This is for doctors who have a certificate making you eligible for specialist registration and you want to apply to be on the Specialist Register.
Am I eligible to apply?
You can apply if your certificate is from one of these organisations.
- Specialist Training Authority
- Postgraduate Medical Education and Training Board.
Your certificate also needs to be one of the following.
- Certificate of completion of specialist training (CCST)
- Certificate of completion of training (CCT)
- Certificate of eligibility for specialist registration (CESR).
And your certificate must have been awarded between 12 January 1996 and 31 January 2007.
How do I apply?
If you meet the eligibility criteria to apply, email us firstname.lastname@example.org to ask for a CN22 existing certificates application form.
You’ll need to complete and return it to us:
General Medical Council
Specialist Applications team
3 Hardman Street
What happens after I apply?
Your name will appear on the Specialist Register on the date we grant your application.
Please check the medical register before you take up a post that requires you to be entered onto the Specialist Register.