What happens if I am unsuccessful in my application?
We’ll give you a list of recommendations that outline what you need. This might include extra evidence or top-up training.
You can apply for a reassessment within three years if:
- you've got the evidence set out in our recommendations that you didn’t submit before
- you’ve completed the top-up training set out in our recommendations
- you think there’s been a procedural error or other unfairness in our decision.
A procedural error could include where you consider we:
- haven’t complied with legislation
- haven't followed correct procedure
- overlooked or wrongly assessed evidence.
You may have a right to appeal against our decision on your application or if we fail to give you our decision.
The Appeals team manage the appeals process. They are not involved in making decisions relating to entry to the Specialist or GP Register.
You're able to appeal within 28 days of receiving our decision.