How do I list my evidence?
How do I list my evidence
Once you’ve logged in and started your application you’ll be asked to enter the title of your specialty.
- If you’re applying for a CEGPR you won’t see this page.
- If you’re applying in a CCT specialty please choose your specialty from the list.
- If you’re applying in a non-CCT specialty please enter the title of your specialty in the box.
Next you’ll be asked to confirm your specialty details are correct. Once you have confirmed this, it won’t be possible to change your specialty without withdrawing the whole application and starting again.
Evidence of your qualifications
You’ll need to enter the details of any specialist medical qualification(s) and any other relevant qualifications you have. You should submit evidence of the qualifications you list and the curriculum or syllabus you followed.
Listing your evidence
In the evidence section of your application, you must list each piece of evidence you intend to submit. If you don’t intend to submit evidence for a section, you need to confirm this or you won’t be able to submit your application.
This part of the application is divided up to match the specialty specific guidance that you should have already downloaded.
So that your application can be processed effectively, its vital you follow these top tips:
• Group your evidence – you don’t need to upload every document separately and should group this according to our Userguide – you shouldn’t provide more than 150 uploads in your application (around 1000 pages of evidence)
• Describe your documents – ensure your documents have a title that matches your evidence pro-forma and provide a concise and accurate description for each upload – if your evidence isn’t clear it will be returned to you
• Don’t duplicate – don’t provide the same piece of evidence more than once as it will take us longer to process your application – you can cross-reference evidence in the summary of evidence you’re providing for a section in your application
We’ve created a step-by-step user guide to help you complete your application. This will confirm how you should complete each stage of the application and upload your evidence electronically.
It’s vital that you read this user guide before starting an application. If you don’t provide you evidence in line with our guidance, we won’t be able to accept it and it may take us longer to process your application.
We strongly recommend that you have this user guide open when collating your evidence and completing your online application.
You should contact us with any queries you have about how to submit your evidence in the application before you submit your application. You can contact us on 0161 923 6602 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I enter my professional experience?
You’ll need to give full details of all the posts you’ve held since your primary medical qualification, starting with the most recent and working backwards. If you’ve worked overseas, please don’t change your overseas post title to match to a UK title – instead, tell us the actual title you held. Examples of post titles include:
- Staff Grade
- District Medical Officer
- Clinical Tutor
- Assistant Professor and Resident.
Please also give details of any periods longer than one month when you weren’t practising medicine. This could include:
- alternative employment
- clinical attachments
- study leave
- maternity leave
- career breaks
You must also give a brief explanation for each period.