What do I need to send?

To renew your registration to provide temporary and occasional medical services in the UK. you'll need to apply through GMC Online.

You can do this up to two months before your current registration is due to expire.

Making a declaration

When you apply to renew, we'll ask you to declare that you intend to provide medical services in the UK on a temporary and occasional basis in the 12 months after your current entitlement expires.

We'll ask you for information about the duration, frequency, regularity and continuity of the services you intend to provide, if known.

Sending documents 

Once you’ve made your online declaration, we'll ask you to email copies evidence to support any material change you have notified us of in your declaration.

In some circumstances, we'll ask you to send us further information and documents – eg references from your employing authorities or supervising consultants. We'll let you know if this is the case.