Provisional registration for European nationals who graduated outside Europe
Brexit and your application
On the 31 December 2020, the Brexit transition period will end. This follows the UK’s withdrawal from the European Union in January 2020. This means that we’ll need to close your application if you have started it on GMC Online but not submitted it by 11pm on 31 December 2020. If you intend to submit an application, you should consider doing so before this time. If you have submitted an application before the deadline, we’ll process it in the usual way.
This guide is for European nationals who graduated outside Europe. It explains how to apply for provisional registration with a licence to practise.
You are eligible for this route if you:
- are a national of an EEA member state or Switzerland, or
- have enforceable community rights
- graduated from a medical school outside of the UK, EEA or Switzerland
- hold an acceptable primary medical qualification
- have not completed an internship.
You must have provisional registration with a licence to practise before you start your first year of the Foundation Programme (F1).