Provisional registration for European nationals who graduated outside Europe
Important information in the event the UK exits the EU without a deal
In the event that the UK exits the European Union without a deal on 29 March 2019 we’ll need to update our systems. We’ll need to close your application if you have started it on GMC Online but not submitted it by 11pm on 29 March. If you intend to submit an application you should consider doing so before this time.
This guide is for European nationals who graduated outside Europe. It explains how to apply for provisional registration with a licence to practise.
You are eligible for this route if you:
- are a national of an EEA member state or Switzerland, or
- have enforceable community rights
- graduated from a medical school outside of the UK, EEA or Switzerland
- hold an acceptable primary medical qualification
- have not completed an internship.
You must have provisional registration with a licence to practise before you start your first year of the Foundation Programme (F1).