Coming to an identity check in the UK
- Declaring your fitness to practise
- Translating documents that aren’t in English
- How do I send my documents?
- What if I also want to apply for specialist or GP registration?
- How much does it cost to apply?
- How long will it take to process my application?
- Coming to an identity check in the UK
- I am ready to apply
Attending an identity check
If we approve your application, we'll invite you to book your place at an identity check. These take place at our offices in Manchester and London.
You must have an identity check in the UK before we can grant your application.
At the identity check we'll take your photograph and check your original documents.
How do I arrange to come for an identity check?
You have three months to attend an identity check once we have approved your application. If you live overseas, please make sure you can come to the UK in time for your identity check.
We'll also ask you to book a place on a Welcome to UK practice event. You might want to arrange this for the same day.
What if I can’t attend within three months?
We can't extend the time limit for the identity checks for any reason.
For more information about this, see our guidance on identity checks.