Full registration for European doctors who have qualified outside of Europe

Important information in the event the UK exits the EU without a deal

In the event that the UK exits the European Union without a deal on 29 March 2019 we’ll need to update our systems. We’ll need to close your application if you have started it on GMC Online but not submitted it by 11pm on 29 March. If you intend to submit an application you should consider doing so before this time.

This guide is for European doctors who have qualified outside Europe and completed an internship outside the UK. It explains how to apply for full registration with a licence to practise.

You are eligible for this route if you:

and you:

  • graduated from a medical school outside of the UK, EEA or Switzerland
  • hold an acceptable primary medical qualification
  • have completed an internship outside of the UK.

If you've completed Foundation Year 1 and hold provisional registration, you must apply for full registration through this route.

Why read this guide?
To find out what you need to do to make your application.
Next steps
Once you are ready to apply – make your application online.