Full registration for European doctors who have qualified outside of Europe
Important information in the event the UK exits the EU without a deal
In the event that the UK exits the European Union without a deal on 29 March 2019 we’ll need to update our systems. We’ll need to close your application if you have started it on GMC Online but not submitted it by 11pm on 29 March. If you intend to submit an application you should consider doing so before this time.
This guide is for European doctors who have qualified outside Europe and completed an internship outside the UK. It explains how to apply for full registration with a licence to practise.
You are eligible for this route if you:
- are a national of an EEA country or Switzerland, or
- have enforceable community rights
- graduated from a medical school outside of the UK, EEA or Switzerland
- hold an acceptable primary medical qualification
- have completed an internship outside of the UK.
If you've completed Foundation Year 1 and hold provisional registration, you must apply for full registration through this route.
- Declaring your fitness to practise
- Translating documents that aren’t in English
- How do I send my documents?
- What if I also want to apply for specialist or GP registration?
- How much does it cost to apply?
- How long will it take to process my application?
- Coming to an identity check in the UK
- I am ready to apply