Your Specialist or GP qualification

You must hold a relevant European or specialist or GP qualification to apply through this route. 

If you want to work as a substantive, fixed-term or honorary consultant in the NHS, you must hold both full and specialist registration with a licence to practise.

To work as a GP in the UK, your name must also appear on a medical performers list. Please see our guidance on the GP register for further information. 

Primary source verification

You’ll need to have your specialist or GP qualification independently verified before we can grant specialist or GP registration. Read about what this means for you.