Evidence of your primary medical qualification
To register with us, you must have completed an acceptable medical degree. This is commonly known as your primary medical qualification.
What do I need to provide?
As part of your application you’ll need to:
- check we will accept your relevant European qualification from our evidence of qualifications page
- send us a copy of your relevant European certificate.
- send us a copy of your accompanying certificate (if applicable)
- send us an English translation of both qualifications
- bring the originals of both documents with you to your identity check.
What must my certificate include?
Make sure you send us a scanned copy of the decorative relevant European qualification certificate you were given when you first qualified.
Your certificate must show the exact date you passed your final exam or assessment. If it doesn’t, then send us a letter from your university confirming this date.
Primary source verification
Once you have checked you hold a relevant European qualification, you’ll need to have your relevant European qualification and accompanying certificate (if applicable) independently verified before we can grant your registration with a licence to practise. Read about what this means for you.