Translating documents that aren’t in English
What do I need to provide?
For every document that is not in English, you must email us a copy in the original language and a complete and accurate English translation.
We’ll need a photocopy of the original document stamped and signed by the translation service and emailed to us. All translations must include the contact details of the translation service or translator.
Who can translate my documents?
We strongly advise your translations are done by:
- court or council appointed translators or
- reputable commercial translation services.
Before you use any commercial translation service, you should check that:
- it has a generally recognised professional accreditation or
- it has a membership with a relevant professional or trade association.
In the UK, professional associations of translators include:
- Institute of Translation and Interpreting
- Chartered Institute of Linguists
- Association of Translation Companies
All three provide online directories of their members which you may find helpful.