Are you eligible for temporary registration?

If you want to provide medical services in the UK on a temporary and occasional basis over the next 12 months, you must declare this before you begin work here.

Will your services be temporary or occasional?

There is a difference between providing temporary and occasional medical services and being established as a doctor in the UK. You should understand this before you apply. 

If you intend on becoming established in the UK, you will need to apply for full registration.

Only apply when you know what services youll provide 

We'll ask you for information about the duration, frequency, regularity and continuity of the services you intend to provide. Read our guide on temporary and occasional registration to understand whether your practice is temporary and occasional. We assess the temporary and occasional basis of the provision of services on a case by case basis. The Directive on Recognition of Professional Qualifications allows us to do this. 

If you don't know what medical services you are going to provide, it's unlikely we'll be able to assess whether you're eligible. Please wait until you do know before you make your declaration.